* Worked for 33 years as a Physician Assistant in rural & urban community based clinics.
* Teacher of Community College classes and church seminars on nuclear weapons; was active in the Nuclear Freeze movement in Croswell, MI.
* Sanilac County Mental Health Board 2 years; helped found & worked in their Assertive Community Treatment program.
* Member of AFSCME union while employed by Sanilac Co. Community Mental Health.
* Male Advocate at Blue Water Pregnancy Care Center 5 years; writer for Faith Perspective on War and Peace since 2010.
* Participant, and volunteer recruiter for, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and medical mission projects.
* Married to Ande Gaines McCarthy, an accomplish R.N., for 40 years—blessed with 4 children who’ve grown to become caring professionals.
McCarthy for Congress
· Pass on the bright torch of faith hope and the solidarity of service, to our young people. Ask not what financial wealth can do for you, but what you can do for your country and world
· Required national service for all, rich or poor—with an AmeriCorp/Peace Corps and faith-based missions option as well supported as the Marine Corps
· Payment for college and trade school for all who serve— helping eliminate the burden of student debt
· Enact persistent methods of ending the undue influence of corporate and personal fortunes on our elections. Real democracy means one person one vote—not one dollar one vote
· Respect all life, from unborn till elderly
· Respect people’s pensions and social security. Stop raiding them for government debt and private profit
· Convert the vast amount of military dollars spent on weapons programs, to meeting citizens real needs—education, roads and infrastructure, family farms, affordable healthcare, and renewable energy
· Liberty, jobs, and justice for all
VOTE AUGUST 7 TH in the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY