Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

CHOOSE LIFE—ALL OF US –BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL COIN


    The Last Judgement - Michelangelo

When we get to the pearly gates, and at my personal last judgment, Jesus will not ask me, nor 50% of my Catholic faith community, ”Did you have an abortion?”  This will certainly not be my personal litmus test for salvation.  He will ask me, and my male Catholic brethren, and all of us, “Did you protect innocent life?” “Did you choose life, compassion, and mercy?”  “Did you see Me in the third world Muslim child in the war zone, as equally innocent, precious, and present to Me--as in the developing child in the first world womb?”

id you recognize that the mind justifying killing the enemy and enemy’s children to save the country, is the same mind that justifies killing the unborn child to protect the lifestyle of the parents?
Why do you think I said to love your enemy, and to put away the sword?  It was to teach that you are all children of the same God our Father, and that all justified violence and killing is against my new commandment, ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’  Do you not understand my death & resurrection?  Did I act and teach in a way that authorizes my followers to kill, in order to win a worldly kingdom, or a smaller more prosperous family unit?"

“Did you aid and abet an abortion?  Or on the other hand, did you expend massive effort to anti-abortion legislate the other’s personal morality?  Did either of these help anyone to truly choose a better life?  Did you aid and abet the large part of the U.S economy that has created the most lethal military machine in recorded history?  Did that make the world more open to My love?”

May we choose life, and health, and charity, over the hardness of heart which invests in war weapons and luxury, while others starve, and pandemic crushes us all.  In this time, Easter, spring, we hopefully begin to make our society one, in which it is easier to be good, right or left rich or poor. 
  




Photo from Popular Mechanics

Illumination by Kathy Brahney

1 comment:

  1. Amen Michael, we seem to choose the way which we become wealthier and own more, newer, or makes our life easier rather than spiritually. All weapons of death leads to our total community demise. May the God in each of us be awakened more and more every dayand move in the direction of preserving all life.

    ReplyDelete